Thursday, May 13, 2010

Interview

Phone Interview With Andrew Hill

When did you become a nudist?

I don’t really think people become nudists; I think that we’re all born that way. However, I chose to call myself a nudist two years ago.

Why did you choose to go nude?

It’s just natural, you know? I mean, as a kid I never liked clothes. I still don’t. It’s like a form of claustrophobia. My body gets claustrophobic when I wear clothes or shoes. It’s like my body can’t breathe.

And being nude takes away the claustrophobia?

Yeah, I mean, it’s just a freedom to be myself, and not to be judged by what I wear, or on my image. No one cares about that stuff when you’re all naked. People just look at who you are as a person, you know?

Haha I don’t know. But it sounds nice. Are their any other positives about being a nudist?

Haha I get a good tan that way. But mostly nudism appeals to me because when I’m nude, I’m not trying to be anything I’m not. It simplifies things.

How so?

Life just isn’t as complicated nude. I don’t know. Everything is just more relaxed, and everyone is more accepting. I mean, once you’ve seen it all, you kinda have to be accepting, if that makes any sense.

Yeah, kindof. Do you think it’s harmful for children to be raised in nudism? Explain why or why not.

No, I wouldn’t say so.

Why not?

I mean, if there’s a pedophile lurking around, well then yeah, nudity becomes an issue. But normally it’s fine for a child to be raised nude. It’s the same as raising a child in a certain religion or something. It’s a parents right to raise a child the way they feel’s best.
And you feel that it’s okay for children to be exposed to the naked body that early? Despite sexual content?

Haha, sexual content. That’s where nudists and the rest of society differ. To nudists, seeing the naked body isn’t sexual. It’s natural. There shouldn’t be anything shameful or dirty about a child seeing other people naked, because it’s not sexual. It’s just the way we’re made.

So when you see a girl naked, you just see it as natural?

Depends on the content. I mean, a naked girl at a strip club and a naked girl at a nudist colony are two different types of naked, if that makes sense. Eventually you just get used to what type of nudity is what.

Was it hard for you to learn to differentiate? I mean, was it every awkward for you when you first started visiting nudist camps?

Haha yes. Especially with the girls. But you just have to be mature. And after a while, you realize it’s nothing special. Every girl has her stuff and every guy has his. What’s new, you know?

What are some negatives about being a nudist?

Bug bites in places you couldn’t imagine! Haha and sun blisters in places you’ve never had them. But after a while you toughen up… Hmmm… I guess the other downside to nudism is the public’s view of it. For example, my parents are very embarrassed by me being a nudist.

So your parents aren’t nudists?

No, my girlfriend and her family got me into all this. We’ve been together for three and a half years now.

Well congratulations!

Thanks!

So, do you face any other negative attitudes towards your decision?

Yeah, I mean basically everyone… The whole idea is just so misunderstood.
What do you think the most common misconception of nudism is? What would you like to tell people about this misconception?

I think the fact the being nude = having sex. We’re not like that. We’re not experimental sex hippies. You know? We’re just normal people. We do the same things everyone else does, just naked. Nudity can be sexual, but it doesn’t have to be, and that’s not the way we see it.

Do you think nudism is for everyone?

Hell no. Haha if you don’t feel comfortable with it, don’t do it. Some people just can’t get over the fact that they can see body parts. Which is sad, really, but if it would upset you, just don’t do it.

Haha I’ll keep that in mind. Do you think you can be “religious” and still be a nudist?

Yeah sure, I mean I am, I’m catholic, but I’m a nudist. Adam and Eve were made nude.
But they were clothed after they ate from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil…

Because the world’s a cruel place and their physical bodies needed protection. Not because of their sin.

I’ve never looked at it from that angle. Pretty cool. Do you think nudism will grow or shrink as time goes by?

It can only grow. No question about that. People are becoming less modest and more open to new things. Not to mention it’s a fad.

Really?

Haha, not here, but its becoming more of a fad in America than it’s ever been before. Everyone wants to be like the Europeans, or something.

Where would you like to see nudism in 100 years?

I’d love to see it catch on everywhere for everyone. It won’t happen, but I’d love to see it. Realistically? I’d at least like to see more nudism here in Alabama. There aren’t many hotspots here for nudists.
No kidding! It was a pain trying to find anyone to get an interview with!

I can imagine. I also guess it’d be pretty cool if more young people jumped onto the idea. Most nudists are kinda on up there.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Well, thank you so much for your time. Is there anything else you’d like to say before we end the interview?

Uh, not really? Haha I don’t do well without a specific question.

Well wait, I guess I should say, don’t knock it until you try it. I know nudism can seem strange, but until you try it for yourself, you’ll really never know whether you approve or not.

Thank you very much for your time!

I interviewed a twenty three year old nudist named Andrew Hill. As you can see, he’s a funny guy! Jeez, the sarcasm was beautiful in his interview, I couldn’t have asked for a better candidate. Thank god for my brother and his friends who have friends! Anywho, I think I learned a lot from this interview. He said, ‘you know’ a thousand times, but other than that flawless!

This interview made me realize that we’re all somewhat the same in a way, even if we make different lifestyle choices. Not that I didn’t already know that, it’s just that I never thought it would be so easy to talk to a nudist. We’re all just people, trying to figure out the world and enjoy life to its fullest. Clothed or not, we all are on the same journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment